Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Here goes nothing

As I said in my profile, I've decided to start sharing my poems with the public. Although this scares the bejeezus(sp? haha) out of me, I thought it was time I opened this part of me up. Ive been writing poems and songs for years and years, so some you will see will be years old and some will be brand new. Ill probably post some background information on some. I hope you all like them and can connect with them and find meaning in them. here goes number 1:

I never made a title for this one, Im still working on that, but here is one I wrote a while back.

I need to give it up
Learn to give it all
Leave it in your hands
Accept that it's your call


When times get hard
And I get weak
I collect my wants
And solutions I keep


But my answers
Aren't part of the plan
The cards aren't in my control
It's not in my hand


Bitter,confused, ready to quit
Feeling the rocks in this bottomless pit
Where can I go? Where do I turn?
Oh how quickly we forget what we've learned


Praise the mercy of him who helps us remember
Who never lets the light go out
Even when we are down to an ember


He'll never give up
He'll never forsake
He'll always follow behind in our wake


No matter how hard the road back may seem
And even if the light we see, is just a small gleam
We must turn back and give him our all
If we do, never again will we fall


But if perhaps we stumble again
He'll still be there, Always our savior and friend

3 comments:

  1. Haley, this is really great that you have decided to open this part of you to the world! I have a lot of stuff on facebook, and Carey Griffin writes a ton too. You should check them out! I love the imagery of the ember in the fifth stanza :) On a side note, you may want to check the spelling on "quite", I'm sure you meant "quit".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks christopher!!! Ill indeed correct that spelling!

      Delete
  2. I had no idea that you wrote poems and songs! They are really good, thank you so much for sharing. My mom writes music, but I did not get anything musical from her, so I have a lot of appreciation for people who can make words sound so beautiful. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete