Monday, October 22, 2012

behind enemy lines

this is my angsty poem. i feel this way every couple of months. Most of you probably dont get it, but thats ok. Dedicated to Loraina, the sister who gets it.

Are you my enemy?
I'ts hard to say
When at the end you wouldn't give me the time of day

Were you hurting, or just holding a grudge?
Or making me wade through the unknown and trudge....
Through your silence and stone features, that used to be so warm

Did you lose your brightness for the world?
Or just for me?

My pain somehow became irrelevant
And support for me became ambivalent
But what is the world, if anything but fair
Confining me in a row surrounded by empty chairs

Patience, love, understanding being kept
Only for the boy who continually wept
So sad, So sorry, So unfortunate
"You'll end up happier by far", they placed their bets

Faults, offenses? Threw them out the window
What won't sway the audience is what they don't know
" Come to this side" , you said "watch me cry my tears"
"Watch me suffer endlessly for years"

" At the hands of a woman so cold and unfeeling"
" Did I mention she wasn't good enough? Even while pleading and kneeling?"

"What a horrible woman, with my best interest at heart"
" Always trying to help and having affection like art"

"I'm not sure what happened" he says
"Did she drown in the mud?"
"I only dragged her as long as I could"

"Somehow she escaped my sharp, suffocating grip"
"How wrong and how selfish could she get?"

Now perhaps it's clearer to your demented self
Your suffering is empty , up on a dusty old shelf

You took all you could until your hand hit the bottom
Now lets move on before we see another autumn

Snatch up your greedy hand, and fold it neatly in your lap
Put on a happy face, move on, because I'm never coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment