Thursday, February 23, 2012

Brother

This poem is for my best friend who passed away last summer. It was a hard time, for alot of complicated reasons. Those who know me best might understand this better, but hopefully anyone who has lost someone they love can relate.

As my tears fall on this page
They remind me of the man you are
Swept away to a safer place
Miles away, but really not far


Brother, Friend, for you I have wept
But I must be willing to accept
Our paths conjoined, for but a time
But now the path I tread is mine


Sometimes feeling your not near
Sometimes wondering if you hear
The prayers and love I send to you
Before you left, I wish you knew


What you meant , and what you've done
How your song didn't go unsung
Your example, your light shone through
All the darkness the world construed


You endured more than most could bear
Never faltering to show love and care
Where are you now my brother, my friend? 
Your'e in the world that hath no end


Although our time was short and sweet
I know one day again we will meet
And pick up where our journey came to and end
And then eternally make a mends


I miss you brother, please pass by me often
Help me to always have a heart that softens
Just like you taught me when you were here
When you were always close and near


I love you brother, I love you friend
I know your story in eternity will never end


Somehow with you gone I'm less afraid
When its my turn and to earth I bid
A farewell and join you then
I know you will come for me, my brother, my friend





1 comment:

  1. love you. love him. thanks for this. i was just thinking of him and talking about his story the other night. what a special friendship we had. miss you. miss him.

    ReplyDelete