Friday, February 10, 2012

Like no other

This is dedicated to all mothers(especially bonnie, my momma).I'd like to think this is how a baby feels after the scare of being brought into a new world.


Darkly loomed the bleak night sky
To my pure and untainted eye
Breath of air, sharp and clean
Faces new and never seen

Cold and lost, my breath being taken
By a foreign noise I'm shaken
Comfort stolen, warmth afar off
Scared and feeling all is lost

Almost consumed by helplessness
Almost lost in this wilderness
Before giving up I opened my eyes
And saw someone I could recognize

Although I've only glimpsed her face in dreams 
I knew her voice, and her spirit I've seen
She took me up and held me tight
Then whispered away all of my fright

I knew right then she was like no other
She would always protect me, she was my mother
 





1 comment: